Welcome to the GBP Blog

This is the Blog associated with our main website TheGreenBicycleProject.org

The GBP has merged with Damn Good Bikes LLC. Please visit the new blog for more recent updates.

We are the GBP. Our mission is to keep bikes on the road and thus keep cars off. We call this “Bikecycling”; that’s recycling, but for bikes. The concept is simple. Take a bike that’s no longer wanted, broken, or even bound for a landfill and apply a bit of knowhow and a lot of elbow grease and you get a bike that can last someone for years. These bikecycled bikes are sold at a price that covers only our costs in repairing them so as to provide bicycles at the lowest cost possible. All of our bikes are repaired and tuned by a mechanic so that from the moment you pick them up they are ready to hit the road. Take a look below for our current project bikes and completed rides.

Location:
We are located in the US Storage facility at Capital Circle NE and Mahan Rd. While have moved into our new store, we are in the same complex. To get there follow the road through the complex, around the 90 degree bend and make the first left (at the tree). We'll be the first store front on your right. Sound complex? The best way to find us is to follow the bikes!

Buying our bikes:
Please visit our main website at thegreenbicycleproject.org for information about buying our bikes. You may also email us at Thegreenbicycleproject@gmail.com.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Last call

I promise I'll shut up about this sale after this. The text from an email to the "interested parties" list.

Hi all,

I've spoken to some of you about the GBP garage sale this weekend, but I wanted to extend one last invitation to participate. We're having a BIG garage sale at the shop this Saturday and we need more stuff to sell. Don't get me wrong, we have lots of stuff already, but we're trying to make this a mammoth sale! Please don't think this is a call for donations (while we'd accept them if you offered) as my goal is just to make this as big an even as I can. If you want to participate, please let me know by Friday.

Before you ask, here are the answers to some of the common questions I've been asked.
Q: I have big stuff and no truck. Can you help?
A: YES! I and my truck are available every night this week to pickup large or heavy items for the sale.

Q: I don't want to have to lug all this junk to the shop before 9am on a Saturday!
A: Don't! We have lots of space in the shop to store your stuff for the sale.

Q: I don't want to donate, but I can't be there all day to sell my stuff.
A: That's OK. There will be several people working "the box" and we can sell for you. All we ask is that your items are priced beforehand or that you don't get mad when we try and sell it for what WE think it's worth. The money we make from your stuff is yours.

Q: I'm worried about rain.
A: Aren't we all. To prepare we have at least 1 tent and we will be using the inside of the shop as a fallback position.

Q: Where does the money go from the donations and where do unsold items go?
A: The money goes to help pay for the renovations to the shop (several hundred dollars worth so far). Extra items will be donated to Goodwill or salvation army.

I hope to hear from you all soon!

-Mike

No comments: